Straight Talk: Disciples, Race, and the Current Crisis
Note that we recommend joining via a personal computer and clicking "Watch on the web instead" rather than using the Microsoft Team app.
Summer Quarter 2020
Sunday, June 7, begins the summer quarter for all our classes. All classes will continue to be delivered online. Connecting to these classes will be the same as we have been doing. Members: Please see the FAQ.
The Sunday class schedule is as follows. Note that the 5PM class is in lieu of our regular evening worship service.
- 3:00 - 3:45pm, Junior High: Minor Prophets
- 3:00 - 3:45pm, Adult: People of the Past (uses workbook)
- 4:00 - 4:45pm, High School: Looking Back, Moving Forward
- 4:00 - 4:45pm, Adult: The Patriarchs
- 5:00 - 5:45pm, All: The Gospel of Mark
The Wednesday class schedule is as follows.
- 7:00 - 7:45pm, Junior High: Psalms
- 7:00 - 7:45pm, High School: Looking Back, Moving Forward
- 7:00 - 7:45pm, Adult: Life of Moses
- 7:45 - 8:30pm, Adult: 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon
Children: For 1-year old’s, several brief videos will be available during this quarter. Age 2-Grade 4: The packets made available contain bible lesson workbooks and worksheets for quarter 1 as students are moving up. Pre-recorded, brief videos that contain that week’s bible lesson will be available each week on our “landing page”, link is above. Parents, your involvement is key by reviewing the video with your children, helping them complete the lesson workbook, worksheets and make application. For 5th and 6th grade, a weekly video will be available with the bible story.
Junior, Senior High School and Adult: Classes will be available online. Please use the link above to join these classes.
People of the Past: A workbook is available for pickup at the building for those attending this class at 3 pm on Sundays.
Gospel of Mark with David and Jeff: Please note this class will change to 5 pm this coming Sunday in lieu of our normal Sunday evening worship service. After this study concludes, a new study will begin.
For Junior High: Parents, please check your email for your child's lessons for the Wednesday class on Psalms.
Return to Worship Services
Beginning Sunday, May 31, we have returned to our worship services to the Kleinwood building. Here is what to expect:
- Worship Service: We will resume with two worship services at 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. We are asking members whose last names begin with A – H, to attend the 8:30 AM service, and those whose last names begin with I – Z, to attend the 10:00 AM service.
- The 10am service will continue to be live-streamed for those who choose to remain at home.
We do want to point out that if anyone has experienced any COVID-19 related symptoms within the last 2 weeks, you feel ill in any way, or you consider yourself to be high risk, please continue to join us via live stream. We want to maintain a safe environment to promote the health and safety of all members and visitors.
- Face Coverings/Social Distancing: Despite recent changes to Harris County Face Covering Guidelines, CDC guidelines are still in force. We continue to encourage all church attendees wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
- Entering the Building: Please enter the building through either the main foyer entrance or the side auditorium entrances. The classroom hallway entrances will be closed for entry. Please observe the signage and self-assess your health. Please do not enter if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, or severe exhaustion/weakness.
- Seating: In order to maintain social distancing guidelines, access to every other pew will be blocked off. Family units may sit together. Please maintain a 6-ft. distance between non-family members on the same row. Between services, volunteers will wipe down the pews and other touchpoints in the building with sanitizing wipes.
The annual singing originally scheduled for August 7, 2020 is being postponed. An announcement will be made when the new date is finalized.
Men's Weekend 2020
Plan to join us for our Men's Weekend with Brent Hunter on our rescheduled weekend of August 21 and 22 for the subject "Soldiers of Christ Arise: True Masculinity in a World Gone Mad." A flyer with details is available here.
- 7:30pm, Friday, August 21: How to build and maintain a strong spirit (lessons from the life of Samson)
- 9:00am, Saturday, August 21: Battling the pornification of America
- 10:00am, Saturday, August 21: In defense of Biblical fathers and healthy masculinity
- 11:00am, Saturday, August 21: Honor the Woman (1 Peter 3:7)
Sunday Live Stream
Join us for Sunday worship at 10am
- Please go to the website link below 10 – 15 minutes early
- Click this direct link to directly join the live stream
- The stream should automatically start no later than 9:50 AM with services starting at 10 AM
- If at any time during the broadcast the video stops, just refresh your browser and all should work again. There should be a refresh button on the top of your browser
- To expand the broadcast to your entire screen click on the double arrows at the bottom right of the video. Click your esc key to return to your normal browser
- If you need technical support, please use this link https://live.kleinwood.
Fall 2020 Gospel Meeting
Join our Bible study this fall, October 4-7.
Men's Breakfast Devotional
Men of all ages are encouraged to join a bible study over breakfast on the second Saturday of each month.